Do men cry?
Yes! Men do cry. Be it a man or woman crying is an emotional sensitivity. Shedding tears or crying denotes physical and mental pain , anger ,happiness or sadness. Humans do cry because of prolactin and endorphin hormones. Generally, women do have prolactin more than men, so they get emotional changes faster.As hormones are responsible for crying which cause men to be less emotional or expressive. There’s no offense that men cannot cry. Human psychology says that because of hormones men are unable to cry like women do. But crying has nothing to do with male or female. Anybody can cry who are suffering from pain.
Is it socially accepted?
Frankly speaking , till date it is not widely accepted for men to cry openly. People think crying will enhance their weakness. Whereas boys are idolize as strength, stamina or power of the society. After several social burden they are unable to express their feelings. Lack of family support and encouragement results anxiety among them. This is so because people generally think men are born to fulfill all their wants and desires. All certain expectations are hand over to male child as soon as they take birth.
Gradually they are forced to become more strong and forward physically, emotionally and mentally than women. Because our society still thinks that men are the only future of family. As a result for family upliftment and social pressure they mess with their own outer and inner feelings.Such complications drive many boys to adapt wrong habitats for life. These things happen because as they start growing, they are always told some sort of things which they can’t do publicly. May be for any social issues or family prestige such as ” men don’t get hurt” or “boys are strong” or “men cannot cry.
How to deal ?
- Firstly, it is us who are responsible for such happenings in our surrounding. We all together build a society where our visions meet for social development. If we start treating men as a human first than it can be a big relief for boys. Because they are always tend to behave stronger which result emotional breakdown among them. Causing severe behavioural changes in their life. Impacting other’s life too who are attach or dependent.
- Secondly, no such discrimination should take place at home or school when it’s about mental or physical agony. All boys and girls should be treated as human beings first. Their well being is our first priority. It is our duty to take care of both their physical or mental health. No unnecessary burdens should hang over them . Let them grow and learn by the time of their development.
- Thirdly, men do have feelings and emotion. They are exactly what a human can feel . They too get hurt. Men too get nervous or insecure about something. So if we want to make our boys feel free from such man-made responsibilities than let them live. Stop putting on pressure . Stop assuming that men don’t have weakness so they have no rights to get emotional.
- Because of their habitat , we cannot judge through what they are going from inside. It is our society and their mentality which made them introvert and uni-zone. So if we start concerning about their health and living than it will be great for men to become friendly and open with society.
- Lastly, it is our choice how we want to build our society. Only because of their behavioral and emotional differences we cannot force boys to lead a different lifestyle. Every individual be it a man or woman needs love and care .
- So keep motivating and encouraging for our well being and progress. Hope one day it can happen in real . Yes! Men do cry. They too have feelings. Stop assuming them unique and stronger than others. We need men not only for our fulfillment but also as our partner in every path.
Do you still think men cannot cry ?