For folks like us, traveling is not just a leisure recreation; it is a relatively a way of life, a stipulation to survive the routine drudgery. And, another most crucial aspect to be considered while planning your next travel destination is the budget. In fact, your every travel trip, no matter national or international, depends greatly on your monetary limits. International travel has its own share of pleasure and thrill. However, there are innumerable myths about traveling abroad, one of them being that international travel is super expensive. Actually, it is not necessary for every international travel trip to be expensive. It actually depends on the international travel destination that you choose, and with cheap international travel packages becoming immensely popular, traveling abroad no longer remains an indefinable dream.
It really requires thorough and refined research along with smart planning and pre-bookings to face the challenges of international travel. So¸before you plan your next international trip, it is essential for you to learn about different cheap international travel destinations in order to enjoy an international budget trip. Listed below are the top 12 budget-friendly countries for cheap international travel trips. Make sure you go through them to pick your next international travel destination.
This country is well-known for its rich history, unique heritage and ample natural beauty. All of it eventually makes it a paradise as well as a must-visit place for travelers from all around the world.
- Activities to do – Vietnam offers countless adventures and to-do-things to its guests such as wildlife tours, sightseeing, caving, island tours, boat cruises, local market tours, cultural tours, and yacht cruises.
- Accommodation Cost per day – Vietnam offers innumerable accommodation options, ranging from cheap to expensive. You can either choose to reside in one of the luxurious 5-star hotels or manage to stay at the lodges and hostels for less than INR 1000 per night.
- Places/Attractions to see – Among numerous places of interest in Vietnam, you can consider visiting Sapa, Hanoi, Nha Trang, Ho Chi Minh City, Mekong Delta, and Ha Long Bay.
- Food & Transportation Cost – You can enjoy a 3-course meal in any mid-range restaurant in Vietnam in less than INR 800. Transportation in Vietnam is also economical with taxi fare starting from INR 35 for every 1 km.
This beautiful country of streams, snow peaks, monasteries, yetis, and magic is nestled amidst the grand Himalayas. So, if you’re willing to take a break from your busy routine life as well as the hustle of city life, then Nepal is the perfect cheap international travel destination for you. With a serene and calm atmosphere, Nepal is also a great vacation destination for adventure junkies. It can help you experience the adrenaline rush without burning a hole in your pocket.
- Activities to Do – You can consider visiting the historically rich temples and monasteries in Pokhara and Kathmandu. You can also try mountain trekking in the Mt. Everest Base Camp alongside taking natural tours and adventure sports at the world’s highest peak.
- Top Places to See – Lumbini, Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park, Devi Fall, Pashupatinath, Shechen Monastery, Siddha Gufa, Shuklaphanta Wildlife Reserve, Dakshinkali Temple, Bhaktapur, Hanuman Dhoka, and Boudhanath Stupa.
- Transportation and Food Cost – Nepal is well connected via buses and taxis with buses fare starting from Rs 470. Meals range also starts from INR 500 depending on the place and cuisine that you select.
This international travel destination is a perfect mix of rich cultural heritage, ancient ruins, ultra-contemporary cityscape, and lavish royal palaces. So, if you’re looking for a budget-friendly country to travel , then Thailand could be an ideal choice for you.
- Stay Cost Per Day – You can get cheap accommodation options in Thailand in as less as INR 1200, depending on the area and facilities that you choose.
- Activities to Do – Thailand offers countless exploratory and breathtaking activities to its visitors like elephant tourism, water sports, local shopping, medical tourism, floating market tours, treks, and night parties.
- Major Attractions to see – Major places in Thailand include Bangkok, Phi Phi Islands, Phangan, Pattaya, Krabi, Phuket, and Chiang Mai.
- Food & Transportation Cost – You can enjoy street food in Thailand in just about INR 200 per dish along with refreshing beer drinks in as little as INR 150. Transportation is also cheap in Thailand and you can use taxis and buses, or book a cab to visit the city areas and nearby islands.
Considered to be one of the happiest countries in the world, Bhutan is the best cheap international travel destination for all those people who’re looking for some peace and tranquility. This country is known for its captivating natural beauty as well as the huge stretch of unexplored terrains. Indians can easily visit Bhutan without even a passport.
- Accommodation Cost – Bhutan homes descent hotels that cost around INR 2000 as well as cheap and budget-friendly homestays that charge around INR 1000 per night.
- Places To See – Haa Valley, Rinpung Dzong, Phuentsholing, Trongsa, Dochula Pass, Thimpu, and Trashigang are some of the popular tourist attractions in Bhutan.
- Things to Do – You can enjoy local sightseeing tours, treks, Himalayan tours, wildlife tours, cultural tours, religious tours, and numerous adventure sports and activities in Bhutan.
- Food & Transportation Cost – You can enjoy a typical meal in as less as INR 400 per person, or you can walk into exclusive, high-end hotels in Bhutan and pay a little extra. Bhutan also offers convenient transportation facilities and you can consider sharing a taxi or hiring a cab to roam around.
5. Sri Lanka
Being one of the neighboring countries, Sri-lanka offers a wide range of cheap and budget-friendly options to its guests. This country is renowned for its exotic beaches, amazing natural landscapes, lip-smacking cuisines, and the Ramayana connection. This extremely cheap international travel destination has something to offer for all.
- Accommodation Cost – You can enjoy your stay in any of the hotels or lodges in as low as INR 800-1000 per night.
- Top Attractions to See – major places of attraction in Sri Lanka include Galle, Colombo, Dambadeniya, Tissamaharama, Panduwasnuwara, Matara, Kirinda, Kandy, and Sabaragamuwa.
- Things to Do – Some popular activities to look out for in Sri Lanka are art and culture tours, heritage tours, wildlife tours, religious visits, plantation visits, and adventure sports.
- Food and Transportation Cost – You can dine in any of the fine places in Sri Lanka in just about INR 500-1000. Transportation is also cheap in Sri Lanka with taxi fares starting from INR 120.
This country is an ideal go-to holiday destination for anyone who has a strict budget to follow. This diverse country is one of the cheapest international travel countries to visit from India.
- Accommodation Cost – You can get hotels in Singapore in as less as INR 1200-1500.
- Things to Do – Some prime activities that need to be a dome in Singapore include local sightseeing, shopping, food tours, nature tours, art and culture tours, wildlife tours, beach tours, cruises, and garden festivals.
- Top Attractions – The best attractions of Singapore include Marina Bay, Universal Studios, Botanical Garden, Helix Bridge, Civilian War Memorial, China Town, Sentosa Island, and Orchid Garden.
- Food and Transportation Cost – Meals in Singapore range between INR 500-3000. Transportation is also cheap and you can use the single trip card or the EZ link card to enjoy lovable, budget-friendly trips in Singapore.
This country is one of the favorite holiday destinations for Indians. This budget-friendly country is a cheap international travel spot that has a lot to offer to its guests. With its marvelous beaches, pristine scenarios, and pleasant climate, you can never get bored in Malaysia.
- Accommodation Cost – You can book hotel rooms with their costs starting from INR 600 per night.
- Activities to Do – Leisure tours, shopping, nature tours, cultural tours, local sightseeing, adventure sports, and wildlife tours are some of the fascinating things to do in Malaysia.
- Major Attractions – Major places to visit in Malaysia are Miri, Sarawak, Kuala Lumpur, Labuan, Petronas Tower, Redang Island, Kapas Island, Mount Kinabalu, Pangkor, Rantau Abang Island, and Langkawi.
- Food and Transportation Cost – You can enjoy meals in as less as INR 300. You can also enjoy public transport in Malaysia through public transportation cards that could cost you around INR 150.
Being one of the largest archipelago states in the world, Indonesia is a cheap international travel destination for Indians and it is also one of the cheapest countries to visit from India.
- Stay Cost Per Night – You can book hotel rooms in just INR 2000. For more budget-friendly accommodation options, you can consider dorms that are easily available at INR 1000 per night.
- Things to Do – Nature tourism, cultural visits, water sports, volcano tours, leisure tours, and religious tours are some of the prime activities to do in Indonesia.
- Places to Visit – Jakarta, Bandung, Lombok, Bali, Yogyakarta, and Malang are some major Indonesian spots that need to be checked.
- Food and Transportation Cost – You can enjoy delicious meals in Indonesian hotels with their prices starting from INR 700. Transportation facilities are also affordable and you can use metered taxis to roam around.
This country is actually an archipelago of 155 small islands in the Indian Ocean. Seychelles is popular for its exotic natural beauty, beautiful beaches, and fascinating coral reefs. This country is a perfect abode for anyone who’s searching for a calm and serene international travel destination for their upcoming vacation.
- Accommodation Cost – You can get hotels and cheap hostels for INR 1000 per night.
- Things to Do – Glass bottom boat cruises, island exploration, leisure tours, wildlife tours, nature tours, ocean cruises, and water sports are some major things to do in Seychelles.
- Major Places to Visit – Aride Island, Sainte Anne Marine National Park, Mahe Island, Cousin Island, Anse Kerlan, Victoria, La Passe, Anse Louis, Baie Lazare, and Curieuse Island are some top destinations of Seychelles.
Well-known for its unexplored natural beauty and fascinating beaches, the Philippines is another cheap international travel destination for Indians. This country has a lot to offer to travel enthusiasts.
- Accommodation Cost – You can rent homestays for just INR 700 per night.
- Activities To Do – Trekking, cultural tours, volcano tours, leisure tours, recreational visits are some of the major things to do in the Philippines.
- Top Attractions – El Nido, Iloilo, Ilocos, Palawan, Bicol, China town, Cordilleras, Chocolate Hills, and Surigao are some must-visit places in the Philippines.
- Food and Transportation Cost – You can enjoy hearty meals in any local restaurant for less than INR 1000. Cheap transportation facilities can help you to save money. You can go around in the Philippines using tricycles, buses, and jeepneys.
Myanmar has grown to be a major hotspot for travel enthusiasts with its rich cultural heritage and natural scenic beauty. It is also a perfect cheap international travel destination for all constrained budget travelers.
- Things to Do – You can enjoy historical tours, cultural tours, hot air balloon rides, local shopping, food tours, and nature walks.
- Top Places to Visit – Major attractions of Myanmar include Mandalay, Monywa, Putao, Golden Rock Pagoda, Kyaing Tong, Yangon, Ngwe Saung Beach, and Bagan.
This country is an exotic international travel destination as well as one of the cheapest countries to travel from India. The beautiful island of Maldives is popular for its natural beauty and luxury resorts.
- Accommodation Cost – You can rent guestrooms for INR 1500 per night. You can also choose to stay in five-star hotels with accommodation costs starting from INR 2000.
- Things to Do – Maldives offers many exciting activities like scuba diving, submarine tours, snorkeling, and male walking tours.
- Places to Visit – Atoll Transfer, Hukuruu Miskiiy, Velligandu Beach Island, Hulhumale, Maldive Victory, and Alimatha Island are some popular places to visit in the Maldives.
So, this is a list of 12 countries for cheap international travel and if you have got a budget limitation, then you can consider choosing from any of these popular and budget-friendly tourist destinations for your next international travel trip.